Thursday 10 July 2014

Mission Statement

I've been thinking for a while now about what I want to achieve here with my writing and what my long term goals are. 

It's become a lot more to me than simply having somewhere to post my transformation stories. I have to say it's become something of a passion that drives me every day. I want to grab this love of storytelling and take it to places it's never been taken before. 

With that in mind, I thought it would be worth writing down exactly what I'm hoping to accomplish, for my own reference and also, perhaps as of interest to you. 


My goals are: 

  • To write the best quality stories that I can, abandoning projects if necessary if they aren't up to standard
  • To explore the often bizarre situations in those stories with decent characters and an eye toward proper motivation and realism
  • To write transformation stories using the same techniques of injecting tension and drama as I would if writing a conventional thriller
  • To release no less than 1 new book a month for as long as humanly possible
  • To release at the very least, 1 book every 2 months for the rest of my life
  • To create an intricate web of connections and subtext throughout all my stories that tie into ongoing themes and plotlines
  • To ensure that every story can be enjoyed as a standalone work but taken to another level of interest and enjoyment if read within the greater context of the web of mysteries I am constructing
  • To craft stories that reveal more to the reader on successive reads as connections and patterns come to light in other works
  • To gradually re-release all my classic stories, cleaned up and changed to be set within the milieu of Nockton Vale
  • To produce a mixture of shorter and longer works
  • To explore every different type of transformation story in as much detail as possible 
  • To take the lid off transformation stories and get them read by everyone the world over - not just hardcore fans
  • To respond to most blog comments posted within a couple of hours (while I'm awake at least)
  • To publish 715 books before my hundredth birthday 

I hope this enables me to provide the best stories that I can for you guys as long as I'm still breathing. 

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are keeping your goals small. :)
    seriously, Bravo. they are all captivating and you are doing an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John! I'm only limited by my self-imposed limitations nowadays so it makes sense not to give myself any.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Emma, lucky us. From what I can observe, I would say that you're achieving every single one of those goals right now.

    So well done on that, and write on. All the best to you my favourite Storyteller, your passion is infectious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, thanks Dandelion! As I've said before, these are the kinds of comments that keep me writing at a pace of knots. I'd write without them but they fortify me in moments of weakness.

      Delete
  3. The stories that you write are so captivating that it is hard to wait for the next installment to be published. I hope that you reach 2000 stories before your 200rd birthday

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. I'm sorry to say that by my 200th birthday I will only have time to write 1915 books (unless I really pull my finger out!).

      (Winks)

      Delete
    2. Don't worry if you don't reach 2000 books .Everything that you write is worth waiting for.

      Rob

      Delete
  4. Why 715? Why not 714 or 716? Why restrict yourself to only 100 years? Sadly, I think you lack determination. Come on, Emma, get your finger out and start really producing what your fans need and stop faffing about. Sleep? Who needs sleep?

    Seriously, your efforts are much appreciated. Thanks for everything and, in my case, especially the new revised 'Cleaner'

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! I will endeavor to push myself to 716, just for you.

      Delete
  5. You are a legend Emma Finn and I look forward with great joy to the prospect of all your stories in all their scintillating variety!
    Of course my personal goal is to stay alive long enough to read them.
    I may well fail in this, so I can only hope there is a heaven and heaven has access to Amazon!
    All power to you my most excellent friend.
    Finn(the fanatic)tasia. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! Thanks Finntasia! You is cool too!

      Delete
  6. Remember its quality over quantity and you give quality every time.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob! You always know what to say!

      Delete