Friday 18 July 2014

Let's Get Everybody Reading Transformation Stories

For many people who read transformation stories,the reason they love them is because of some landmark moment.They watched a bodyswap story in a TV show or film on time, or they read a book.

For me (and a lot of other people I've discussed it with), my love for the genre came after settling down to enjoy an episode of Star Trek one day and ending up watching that infamous final episode, Turnabout Intruder.

I get the impression that its a genre some people feel a bit embarrassed that they enjoy and it struck me that we should turn that around a bit.

You've probably noticed, as I have, that there are hundreds and hundreds of different transformation stories out there in circulation in the general media. TV shows are always using bodyswaps and such as plot devices, as are films.

This is a genre that we love and I think we should all start doing everything we can to promote it by gum!We should stand up and be proud about the thing that we love!

For many years I didn't tell ANYONE that I wrote these stories online and then about a year ago I said to myself, You know what? Screw it. Let's see what happens! 

I started telling people about this thing that I loved and I was surprised to find that no hole opened up beneath me to drag me into the netherworld. Quite the opposite.

I was able to chat with friends about doing what I loved and that encouraged me to do it even more than I was doing.

It's my belief that we should all make it our personal responsibilities to get everybody in to world interested in transformation stories.

And I don't just mean mine. If you have favourite transformation stories online written by anybody then send the link to your friends and family; share it on Facebook; stick it on Twitter.

I'm not the only author on Amazon publishing books. Try ordering some in paperback and giving them as presents at Christmas and birthdays!

They say that a pleasure shared is a pleasure doubled. I can certainly attest to that. Chatting with my friends about stories is one of my favourite things.

So get out there people! Spread the word! Our mission is to get people the world over reading transformation stories. Going by the amount of similar tales in the Media they must like them already. Let's show them how it's really done!

5 comments:

  1. Being a bit of a newbie to the genre I completely agree that a lot more readers would love this stuff if only they knew about it! I will continue to do what I can to spread the word.
    Finntasia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's our moral responsibility!

      Delete
    2. And I always take my responsibilities very seriously!
      Finntasia x

      Delete
  2. Your wish is my command, Emma Finn, I will be evangelizing to one and all about transformation stories and have told quite a few people at home and work already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. We should form a big movment to get the message out there!

      Delete