Sunday 1 June 2014

Cleaner: Chapter One - Part Six



DAHLIA

I felt almost manic as I worked through the different outfits in my wardrobe, filled with that crazy kind of excitement you get when you’re doing something fun but dangerous too; like riding a bike down a winding mountain path. Like at any moment a rock or a sudden drop might be there and that delightful thrill could turn to disaster.

But at the same time – though part of me was detached from this, what was happening – I couldn’t make myself quite stop. I knew I could stop whenever I wanted to but now that this peculiar situation was in the open I didn’t want to hold back. I wanted to grip the handlebars tightly and ride as fast as I could.

Not least because I really was having more fun now than I had done in years!

Melissa stood well clear but I could sense her there in the corner of my eye, watching me; maybe even judging me. But that didn’t matter. It really didn’t. She was my employee. If it got weird afterwards I could just hire a different cleaner.

A big part of me thought that it would be weird afterwards but I had little compulsion to pay heed to it. What did it really matter? I wanted to do it. I was doing it. That was that.

I drew a mental line under the debate in my mind. Path decided.

The challenge now was finding something that Melissa could wear. I would be alright in her oversized dress but the reverse wasn’t true. Almost everything I owned was made to my specifications – literally made to order by the same seamstress I’d been using since I was eighteen years old, usually to designs I created myself. It was a hobby I enjoyed; nothing serious; but it kept me busy from time to time.

In the end I picked out a floral wrap; basically a large patterned sheet; meant to be wound round my body and tied in place with a broach, leaving shoulders and arms bare. It went more than once round me which made it likely to be perfect. Melissa was prestigiously fat but even she wasn’t bloated enough to outstrip that.

I took it off its hanger and held it up, pleased with myself. “Here,” I said. “This should do.”

She scrutinised it sceptically but let herself be guided back into the bedroom.

“We should probably keep our own underwear on,” I said, “but I can wear your dress and I’ll set you up with this. Is that okay?”

She nodded, shrugging. “You’re paying for my time. I’ll follow your lead.”

There was a long frozen moment where we both just looked at one another. The oddity of the situation returned in full force. But ignoring that, I took off my silk robe and laid it on the bed. I had my bathing suit on underneath which was still slightly damp from my swim. Feeling self-conscious I took out some dry underwear and went to the en suite bathroom door. “I’ll...I’ll just get changed into these.”

When I came out, Melissa’s dress was laid on the bed next to my robe and she was holding the wrap round her chest, trying to work out the best way to manage it.

“Here,” I said, “let me help you.”

I took a broach from my jewellery box and helped her get it straight. She really was obese with broad arms and a gigantic chest but with her shoes off we were eye to eye with one another. We held our gazes for a moment; her eyes distorted by the thick lenses in her glasses; then I fussed with the broach, tying the wrap in place. It was a little snug round her chest but it worked. I stepped back to admire my handiwork but caught the glum expression on her face.

“What is it?” I asked.

“It hardly makes me look like you,” she replied.

I smiled sympathetically. “You should get yourself a personal trainer like mine. He’d whip you into shape in no time.”

The minute I said it I felt a jolt of regret for my insensitivity. Of course she couldn’t afford something like that. Melissa looked out the window, probably hiding the inverse jolt she’d got herself.

I stepped over to her dress.

It really was gigantic compared to the figure-hugging outfits I normally wore, but I wanted this aspect of it. I didn’t know why I did, but I did.

I held it up to my body. As expected, it was the right length for my frame but enough to swamp me. With it covering my front I could almost imagine I really were fat enough to fill it and as that occurred to me a vibration ran through me like an electric shock, surprising me far more than the original impulse to swap places.

It had been a charge of sexual titillation. I was sure of it. I covered my mouth and nose with the dress for a second as though I could hide it, though of course Melissa would have had no idea.

Was that it? Did the idea of becoming so fat actually turn me on? I searched my thoughts but there was no answer apart from that quiver of arousal.

For a minute I imagined what it would be like being so obese; so anonymous. I imagined myself right into Melissa’s body, picturing the thick glasses on my face, the dark brown bobbed hair, the great double chin, the bulging breasts and apple-shaped body. I imagined being like that, dressed in this dress, doing the cleaning round this house and that same urgency returned; that scratch of stimulation.

I almost wished I owned a magic ring or something that could really swap our places; really transform us. It was just a shame that magic didn’t exist.

Sensing Melissa’s expectation and curiosity I recalled my surroundings and raised the dress one more time to look at.

Here goes nothing, I thought. Then I bunched it up and slipped it over my head. It fell about me quickly and freely with almost no resistance and I pushed my arms into the sleeves, gripping two great bunches of spare cloth at my waist.

This was it.

It was really happening.




17 comments:

  1. "I almost wished I owned a magic ring or something that could really swap our places; really transform us. It was just a shame that magic didn’t exist." ah inside jokes for the Fans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all this is Nockton Vale and there is no such thing as magic rings or pendants is there. Or wishfull thinking wishing to be other people. A question is this set in the same time as criminal record.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is set at about the same time as Criminal Record and if you're sharp-eyed as the story goes on, you may spot a little crossover between this and other stories.

      Delete
  3. Wow a good insight into Dahlia here, the idea of swapping to her is a real turn on... and as for Melissa? Well she doesn't feel inclined to care if she likes it or not, and if it turns out to be weird afterwards she'll just sack her!? That's power. I wonder if that outcome has crossed Melissa's mind and whether she'd be so compliant if it had. Can't wait to find out what she's thinking about in all this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Now that Cleaner is becoming more detailed the more complex inner throughts of the characters are coming to the fore. It's such an odd and powerful thing to ask someone to swap places with you. Can you imagine that actually happening at work? One of the high ups asking if they can do your job for the day and wear your clothes at the same time?

      Its absurd and kind of creepy and there would be a massive amount of thought going on under the hood of each person.

      Everyone knows their place in the pecking order. To step onto a different rung, just for a short time, would be profound, stirring up all sorts of feelings we don't even know are they because our usual position is so commonplace.

      Delete
    2. I would totally go for that if someone asked me to swap places with them at work. It would be great. Maybe a bit like 'undercover boss' on the TV where the director goes in at grass roots level. But we never see an ordinary worker elevated to the board room.

      The only thing is, I think most of the high ups would prob have no clue how to do a day's work in the life of an ordinary worker. It leads me to thinking, how will Dahlia actually cope with the reality of doing any cleaning......cleaning being rather hard and boring and mucky. I think it will be good for her to step out of her comfort zone.

      Dandelion

      Delete
    3. Absolutely.

      But I wonder if money and prestige were taken out of the equation, which job in your place of work would be best? Perhaps it wouldn't be the most obvious answer because higher up positions can come with an awful lot of pressure too.

      Delete
    4. For sure. Powerful positions are a double edged sword.

      reminds me of American Beauty when the guy reinvents himself and goes to work in a fast food chain, having been a businessman. And is ridiculously happy flipping burgers. 'i'm looking for the position with the least possible responsibility'

      I think the job with little responsibility, zero stress and a good social aspect could be a winner.

      Delete
    5. = Lady Ann's Holiday in microcosm.

      Delete
  4. I was wondering if they might run into any descendants of lady Anne.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question.

      Here's one that's a bit more on the nose but that we won't be finding out the answer to for some time.

      Who is currently living in Crackshaw?

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to find out. This story I suspect is going to be as enjoyable as lady Anne's holiday.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'd go that far. I think Lady Ann will always be my personal favourite. Hopefully it will be good though.

      I'm starting to suspect that it'll be quite an interesting exploration of kinkiness.

      Delete
  6. I too like the reference to a magic ring. You are such a tease.
    I've decided I would like to swap with a car park attendant where I work - be outside rather than stuck in an office. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tease? You ain't seen nothing yet!

    And be careful what you wish for. You may not live in Nockton Vale but just associating with this website might allow its dark power to reach out and clutch you tightly...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, now I'm scared to read any more...
    Oh to hell with it, I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete