Monday 23 December 2013

Workman: Chapter Five - Part Six


It felt very wrong.

My smooth, hairless arms, my soft fleshy body, my wide hips and round ass, the absurd bulges on my chest: I knew that this was who I’d been my whole life; who I was meant to be; but it still felt weird as hell. All the muscle definition was gone from my upper arms. My broad chest and shoulders had deflated into this tiny feminine frame.

I touched my face, looking at myself in the mirror, faintly repulsed by what I was seeing. I mean I was a good looking woman – it was a nice face and figure to look at, but it felt very weird to think I was inside there. I’d grown so used to being a man.

I missed my goatee. It had really improved my face. Now I just had smooth pale skin. It was odd. I looked so little and fragile.

I was still wearing the faun trousers, the v-necked T-shirt and trainers. My hair was tied back tightly and I wasn’t wearing make-up. This was all good. Girly clothes would have been far too much. Seeing the clothes made me realise how long I’d stayed a man. Except for the brief change back in the men’s room at the pub it had been twenty four hours. That was kind of staggering. But I still couldn’t see anything bad. Aside from a slight discomfort about being back in this soft puny body it had just been a good opportunity. There was no reason not to change back and forth as often as I liked.

Though it had been more gruelling to change back. Turning into a man last time had been relatively painless. Becoming a woman had been the opposite of that: really quite unpleasant.

I went upstairs and stripped off, dumping my clothes on the floor, then turned on the shower.

I looked over my body front and back in the full length mirror on the back of the bathroom door. I was really sexy – there were no two ways about that – but it still felt weird to actually look like this myself. As a woman I was shapely rather than stick thin but not fat. I could get a couple of fingers full of flesh at my waist and I turned my nose up at it. I missed my muscles.

It crossed my mind to go and fetch the ring; change back into a man: not to go out or do anything special but just to relax as. I had no plan to stay that way at all but it seemed harmless to change back for another few hours.

But I was being silly. I was a woman. I’d been born a woman. This was who I was meant to be. I was already worried the change was affecting me too much. This was just a further example. It wasn’t right that I shouldn’t feel comfortable in my own skin. I had to ride it out. The oddity of it would wear off in time, surely.

I untied my hair. It flopped into a pool on my shoulders leaving absolutely no doubt as to my sexual identity (if my naked form wasn’t enough). I gathered it up into a fist and held it in front of my face. I wondered if I should maybe make an appointment at the hairdresser for the next day. I fancied a more cropped style; maybe a pixie cut, something not so flouncy.

I decided to call first thing in the morning. It was too late now.

Smiling mischievously I lifted and pushed my boobs together, like the way the cleavage looked. The sight of it as well as the sensations of hands round my breasts gave me a pleasant tingle in my nether regions.

I chuckled and shook my head then climbed into the shower.

After I’d got clean I came out and went back through to the bedroom with a towel round my waist, cursing my awful long hair and how wet it was.

The wardrobe still had a mix of men and women’s clothes. I ran my fingers down the sleeves of one of the men’s suits wistfully the looked for something to put on. I felt uncomfortable enough in this body. The last thing I wanted was to put on some flouncy revealing outfit. In the end I took some tracksuit bottoms and a chequered shirt from the Geoff side of the wardrobe. They’d be far better to relax in than something girly.

I tied my hair up again, imagining again what I’d look like with it cut short. I ran my fingers over my chin, missing my goatee, then wandered downstairs. I grabbed a beer from the fridge and went through to the lounge, swigging it out of the can. Half way down the can I stopped drinking and gave a loud belch. That hit the spot.

The doorbell rang as I went to sit down, a car magazine in my hand.

I went through to answer it but paused in the hallway when I saw the ring on the table. I went over and took it up, wondering if I should put it on, then instead, slipped it into my pocket and opened the door.
And looked right up into the face of Rasheed.

10 comments:

  1. congratulations Rasheed you have moved from pushy to creepy -john

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I actually based him on someone I met once who did a similar thing...

      Emma

      Delete
  2. Alison doesn't seem to notice fashionista Alison is gone. -john

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It's kind of sad that she's thinking of cutting off all her lovely long hair!

      Is this a horror story actually? She seems happier as Geoff but the idea of it could be interpreted in a very sinister way...

      Emma

      Delete
    2. It is kind of sad but maybe she could get distracted, go she Sangeeta instead.

      For a moment there I thought she was going to masturbate while looking at herself. thinking as Geoff. -john

      Delete
  3. It might be a horror story. I'm not entirely sure how the definition works out but I think happy endings don't fit but even that is open to interpretation. the best I can offer is another question: do you pity Alison her fate, at least as much of it you've written? -john

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "As much of it as you've plotted", not "as much of it you've written" -john

      Delete
  4. Well, think of another of my stories where the person changes into someone they would never have chosen in a million years but are still happy in their own way. It's a favourite theme of mine but I like the blend of darkness and light.

    I can't comment on the end of this story as it's still open.

    (or is it!?!?!)

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. well I can't speak to whether the ending is still open or not (giggle), but in either case it could be horror still. I'm not sure what the literary definition of the horror genre is but from my perspective one of the criteria I would ask is that knowing where the story is going do we as the audience feel pity for the main character at the beginning and if the answer is yes. then I think it is horror even if they end "happy". if the answer is no then I think it isn't horror even if they end "unhappy". -John

    ReplyDelete