Tuesday 30 June 2015

CLEANER II: Chapter Four - Part Seven



MELISSA 


It hadn’t crossed my mind that Dahlia would arrive before my gentleman friend left but it was actually kind of perfect because that meant that she got to see my little conquest; evidence if any more was needed that I had changed beyond recognition.

And what a conquest! I had never felt such heights of pleasure. I’d never even considered that I could find myself in such a situation. And I wanted more now; much more. I wanted everything and I was going to snatch it if ever I could.

When her knock came I hurried my lover to leave. My lover! I had no idea what his name was! Then as he went for the door I leant against the edge of the lavish sofa, wanting to show off my new physique. With my recent lipo and all the swimming I really felt as though she was going to be surprised.

I hadn’t considered how surprised I would be.

When Dahlia came into the suite, still looking back at my departing paramour, I was stunned to see her. She turned to face me and in that frozen moment we sized one another up, each of us open mouthed and flabbergasted.

In the two weeks since I had seen her she had swelled up like a ripening tomato. It was staggering how much she’d changed. It was as though her muscles had initially been able to hold in the extra weight she was gaining, but a limit had been reached and suddenly, unable to hold it in anymore, all the fat had plopped out on display.

Her torso was thick and plump with rolls of fat visible where her bra and knickers pinched. She was wearing a brown sleeveless button-up blouse and a skirt and her inflating arms were on display, as were her chunkier legs. Her thighs and ass were much wider than they had been. It was her face, though, which was most amazing.

It had distended enough now to really distort her features. With the bobbed hair making a crash helmet shape around her face and the circle of fat lowering her chin and merging it with her neck, her face had an entirely different shape. Add the glasses – and I could see she’d gone to an even thicker prescription now – and she was another person. At a glance she looked like the old me.

No, she wasn’t as fat as that… yet… but the acceleration toward obesity had been so rapid already, I saw no reason why she wouldn’t achieve the same girth or pass it within an even shorter time frame than we’d anticipated.

And as I examined her, so she examined me.

She had to see the contrast between us now. When we’d last met we had been close to the same size, which had been remarkable in itself, but she was past that now. I was the slimmer one. I still wasn’t close to where I wanted to be but I was the one able to hook a man now. There was no was the bloke who left would have been interested in this mousy, scared-looking fatty.

“Come in Melissa,” I said, underscoring her new identity. I said it with a slight edge today that she must have picked up on, that said, You’re really becoming me now. You’re more Melissa than I am. “You look… well,” I said. “They aren’t starving you at least.”

I smiled and Dahlia blushed furiously.

“Come over to the table,” I said, moving the conversation on without a pause for niceties. It was a pattern I had followed since we started this and it reinforced our different statuses. This wasn’t a social call. I didn’t want to hear about her trivialities and my own luxurious life was none of her business. As usual, she acted wary and guarded around me which gave me some satisfaction. Every time I saw her it made me feel more confident about my own repurposed identity and standing.

I said nothing while I took my seat and waited for Dahlia to take hers. I arranged the voice recorder as I normally did; all business; and pressed record. Dahlia waited submissively.

“Today I’m going to tell you about my husband Robert,” I said.

A slight frown creased Dahlia’s forehead.

“I haven’t gone into much detail about him before,” I said, “because I wanted to ensure he got the attention he deserved.”

… and because I hadn’t been able to think of a way to describe him that wouldn’t terrify her and make any fantasies I might have about a permanent swap impossible to achieve.

But I’d been thinking over this past two weeks, about a lot of things, and the best approach to this situation had presented itself late one night while I was sitting out on my balcony.

Dahlia had once told me how much she wished she had a loving husband; an established long-term partnership that felt comfortable and well-established. I couldn’t pretend I fully understood her reasons for pursuing this ridiculous swap, but the more I could layer in the positive elements of her fantasy, the more likely she might be to make some rash and irrevocable decision.

“The most important thing to know about Robert,” I said, “is that he is kind and thoughtful and he loves me… Melissa… very much.”

Dahlia’s mouth turned up at the edges and her gaze took on a wistful caste. I smiled on the inside like a predator bird.

“He makes me feel protected and looked after. And he makes it his goal every day to keep us both close together and happy.”

Dahlia’s smile grew and so did mine. I went on reeling out the lies and she went on drinking them down.




30 comments:

  1. Sweet! Can't wait to see Dahlia's side of this! The emotional manipulation adds yet another layer to the trap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Emotional manipulation! It's what makes life worth living!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful.
    I love the description of "Melissa" she`s really coming along well.
    She`s being really naïve though doesn't she realise that involving the husband hints at long term plans?

    BillA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the descrotopm & contrast that M now feels, how D has really bloomed, with rolls & fat & how much her face has changed as well. WOW! I like the way she orders D around and has an edge to her voice when she calls her 'Meliisa' I still think the new M sheould call her Miss Weston, or ma'am more. But what do I know?
    Minor point I think the guy & M should know each other's names. It would be delicious when he was leaving to call over his shoulder & say 'Goodbye dehlai, until this evening, '& then turn back & look with disguss at the new M.
    D must really be stupid, REALLY stupid if she believes M would leave a wonderful husband who she loves for months & have a casual affair with a stranger in a hotel if her marriage was really that great & that M could ever get such wonderful husband considering how she looked.\
    I see I htink how you're going with this to perhaps make the final swap 'willing' , Im not sure if I can buy into it. Oh, well as skilled a writer s you are, Emma, I proabbly will,
    Thanks again for a messmerrizing story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I keep you believing Eric! Keep coming back for more!

      Delete
    2. It's not necessarily stupidity. Remember how sheltered and crushingly naive original dahlia was. Combine that with her breakdown and original Melissa could convince her of anything.

      Delete
    3. You're not wrong. The way I see it, her emoitional fragility is allowing her to proceed without thinking too hard about things.

      Delete
  4. Great chapter! I wonder if the audio recordings they are making will play a role later on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they're helping with the learning...

      Delete
    2. And will become a piece of evidence later on and Dahlia's only connection to her old life...

      Delete
  5. This harks back to the original story but I think in that story there was always the intention to return to Nocktonin their new personas but that wasn't the case here IIRC. It was a holiday swap and what happened in Greece would remain in Greece. Dalia must surely appreciate that learning about Melissa's husband is moving the game ahead in a subtle and unexpected way. Why would she need to know about a husband she would never meet?

    Melissa's self confidence is also growing. She's not necessarily clever in the conventional sense but she has cunning driven by a life of poverty she had few opportunities to escape ... until now! She's not going to let her new life slip away without putting up a fight and Dahlia's in no shape to fight her. It won't be long before Melissa starts treating her former employer with something bordering on contempt and adopts a patronising atttitude. As Eric mentioned,she'll soon be insisting on being addressed as Miss Western by the new Melissa to reinforce their new relative positions in the hierarchy.

    Robyn H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmm....
    For me, this was quite an unexpected line of action Melissa chose.
    I was sure she would be playing more on Dahlias submissiveness and try to establish control by demonstrating her own superiority, breaking Dahlias remaining self esteem and forcing her to succumb to her former cleaner as the now "better woman".
    But Melissa´s way of handling things, her scheming and plotting in a more delicate manner might be interesting to watch as well.
    As always I enjoyed every line you wrote. Hope there will be more... ;-)

    marc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can promise that there will be more. Oh yes, there will be more.

      Delete

  7. Its hard to remember ever being so fascinated with a story. It cares such emotional involvement. So PLS forgivee my what ifs or ramblings.
    For example I find myself surprised by M tunnel vision or mind set or how to get D to AGREE to a permanent swap. That is a real stretch, A REAL stretch to trade her wonderful life for M's pitiful one, even with the idea of a loving husband included, if he was so great why did M leave him & be willing to through him in in a trade? More REALISTICALLY M should have another idea possibly in mind. for example I can think of several simpler solutions. Would the Greek police or civil authorities really be concerned with the death of Melissa Chapman, a poor ugly hotel cleaner? I don't think so, M could have or kill her leave her buried in her former identity, get plastic surgery, complete her slimming process & go back to england as Dehlia Western & assume her wonderful new life. Or trick D into having Plastic s & go back leaing her stuck by the time she gets back if ever the new D will have her identity locked away & assumed it totally & theatening the new M with jail or being institutionalized. . Anyway its one of many other possibility here. But given Emma's skill I suspect she will be able to convince D to swap & even make it believable,
    Anyay forgive by ramblings, but this is a fascinating story of madness & desire & bottomless envy.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good points. Don't forget though that all of this is a perpetuation of Dahlia's fantasies. melissa is incidental.

      Dahlia doesn't see Melissa as coercing her. She's doing this to herself. Maybe if Melissa was less manipulative then she really would pull back but at the end of the day, Dahlia wants to go all the way. She has done from the beginning. It was never about being Melissa for an afternoon here and there. It's only ever been about being her forever.

      The tragedies in her life only gave her the final oomph to go through with what she's always wanted.

      Delete
  8. I always thought of "Cleaner" as the most brilliant "Be careful what you wish for story" ever written.
    Shaken by the tragedies of her life, poor Dahlia sort of gets fascinated by a simpler life, free of a supermodel`s troubles. I can buy that.
    But I always got the impression that Dahlia´s wish to "swap" was still sort of living out an "What-If"-scenario, like "playing a game", still meant in a temporary sense.
    Like balancing out her high society life by adjusting to a simpler life with simple problems for a while.
    I always saw/see the story´s tragedy in D meeting M, a woman, driven by poverty in addition to being manipulative and self-absorbed who encourages Dahlia in living out her kinky needs until there is no turning back. For me, M´s part of the story, her point of view, always seemed elementary to the story as well. I never thought of her as incidental. But of course, Emma, you are the boss. ;-)
    Nevertheless, i think it is fascinating to see M changing to a cunning manipulatrix while the story unfolds, driven by envy, her strenght of will and readyness to destroy another person´s life increasing commensurate to the pounds she loses.
    When Dahlia finally gets her wish and really HAS to live the simple life of a cleaner (in a no longer "temporary" sense... Is that really what she wanted in the first place or did she become a victim to her own kinky desires going berserk and used against her by a cunning manipulatrix?
    Sounds like a Greek Tragedy. ;-)

    marc

    ReplyDelete
  9. In re-reading this chapter I was brought up short, I had put in the back of my mine how beautiful Dehlia had been, one of the most beautiful & famous wpmen in the world. Now she had embraced looking like the originala Melissa, fat & insecure.
    "she had swelled up like a ripening tomato. It was staggering how much she’d changed. It was as though her muscles had initially been able to hold in the extra weight she was gaining, but a limit had been reached and suddenly, unable to hold it in anymore, all the fat had plopped out on display.

    Her torso was thick and plump with rolls of fat visible where her bra and knickers pinched. She was wearing a brown sleeveless button-up blouse and a skirt and her inflating arms were on display, as were her chunkier legs. Her thighs and ass were much wider than they had been. It was her face, though, which was most amazing.

    It had distended enough now to really distort her features. With the bobbed hair making a crash helmet shape around her face and the circle of fat lowering her chin and merging it with her neck, her face had an entirely different shape. Add the glasses – and I could see she’d gone to an even thicker prescription now – and she was another person. At a glance she looked like the old me. " She's now a scared, insure, no way she could hook a man lllike the one M has just hadin her bed.
    D also past the point of no return. Brrrr! Weldone Emma!
    In thge original it was almost impssoible to have any Empthany for the model, here I feel for the tragedy that is befalling Dahlia. So much more power in the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eric. Yeah. Dahlia is more likeable now. In the original her motivations weren't quite so penetrating.

      Delete
  10. Just had another wicked thought. It would so cool when D & M go back to England they're now wearing the original outfits theotherhad arrived in. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A question, I am trying to remember a chapter where M & D actually discuss her getting as Melissa either in book one or book 2. Its kinda mentioned she's goign to put on weight but not how much weigth, is there one & which one is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean by "getting as Meliisa"? Do you mean swapping places completely?

      Delete
  12. no, sorry, I let out the words ' as fat as Melissa' why does she want to go to that extreme when since no one knows them in Greece even a few pounds, th clothes & hair sytle distance them?. I''m not critisizing far from I was just wonder if they or Dehlia formally decided to get as Fat as Meliisa or did it just kinda happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well give the last chapter of Cleaner Volume 1 another read and you'll have your answer...!

      As to why... Well the whole first book really is there to answer that question. Why would anybody do what Dahlia is now doing to herself?

      Delete
  13. A thousand curses & malidictions on you Emma Finn! Youvknew, dastardkly deed, that I wouln't be able just to read the last chapter without, curses stop there. I ended up re=reading the whole book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I must reread it myself actually to strengthen to continuity.

      Delete