Monday 22 June 2015

CLEANER: Chapter Four - Part Five

MELISSA

I left the key card to my room with the man from the bar and went up to wait for him. I wanted to shower and make myself more presentable so I told him to wait thirty minutes before he climbed up to the penthouse. I was expecting Dahlia in the afternoon but we would have plenty of time before that.

I dipped in the shower quickly and left my hair curly and damp as I put on a sheer summer dress with a halter neck. Because of all the swimming my shoulders and arms were becoming wonderfully toned. This showed them off nicely. With that on I did my make-up quickly and efficiently until I stood there in front of the tall mirror, admiring myself.

It wasn’t just the sight of me that was altering my perception of myself. I could see how much slimmer and firmer I was now. It was the subtle and continuous changes in the way that other people acted around me: comments they made, like the compliments that Ambrus had paid me, the second look that men and women gave me, especially the hotel staff who, like Ambrus, had witnessed my rapid transformation across a continuum of time; the attentions and interest of this man. The way I saw myself was being altered by the reflections coming from others, and as it did so, my confidence was growing.

At first I had a sense of purpose and the knowledge of my assumed control of the money and over what happened to Dahlia, but this was different. This was a confidence in myself that I had never possessed before; a belief suddenly that I of all people could capture the treasure that was physical beauty and hold onto it; something I could never have believed was possible.

But I was becoming beautiful. Sort of. My facial features were still a little bland and my weight had a way to go, but I was a thousand leagues further down that path than I ever could have reached on my own.

A light knocking came on the door out of the suite and the lock buzzed as the man from the bar activated the key card. My whole body was flushed with nerves but I told myself to quiet. I wasn’t that silly fat woman Melissa Chapman anymore. She was out of sight and beneath my notice. I was Dahlia Western now. I was rich and slimmer and sexy. This man had approached me. He wanted me. Me!

“You weren’t kidding about it being the penthouse,” he said. “My room’s on the first floor. It’s a cupboard compared to this.”

“Do you like it?”

“Sure. I mean wow!”

I smiled. ”Let me give you the tour.”

He followed me as I took him from room to room and out on the balcony and it almost made me laugh how tactile he was, how close he came to me as we moved. He clearly wanted nothing more than to get down to doing the dirty. I liked that. I had little interest in engaging in a long conversation and didn’t feel as equipped as I would like to be to engage in such a thing. I wasn’t used to flirting with men.

I saw the wedding ring on his finger and it shocked me at first before I reminded myself that I didn’t want a romance. I only wanted a shag. After living with my husband Robert for so long I felt I needed one.

Robert. How did I feel about him now? Was I really going to casually throw away the fidelity of our marriage so casually; with so little forethought?

The man stroked the nape of my neck with his fingertip, running it down to my back and I turned suddenly, taking his face in my hands and kissing him hard on the lips.

Yes. Yes I was. Robert could hang for all I cared. He had mistreated me for far too long for me to care about him anymore. As far as I was concerned, I never wanted to see him again.

The kiss was penetrating but ever-fluctuating, as the man turned his head one way and the other, urgently pressing his tongue between my lips. For a moment it was too much but then a click came and I relaxed into it. He kissed my neck and I let out a gasp of pent-up release.

Had I ever felt such passion and desire? Perhaps as a teenager?

No. I hadn’t. Not like this.

He pulled at my dress and I snatched at his short sleeved shirt, exposing his tanned chest with its densely curled thatch of blond hair. I kissed his chest, working down to his nipple and biting it hard enough to make him groan. We went back against the open balcony door and he popped out one of my breasts, nuzzling in softly, moaning with desire.

I wanted to cry out, Yes! At last! This is what I deserve! But I didn’t. He closed his mouth over mine again and we went down on the floor there at the mouth of the balcony, the perfect blue sky stretching out above us.

He was gentle and kind but he wanted me with the passion of a young man. I let him take what he wanted, relaxing into the intense build-up of pleasure.

This was the life I wanted, now and forever. This was me now. This was who I am.

And thinking that made me realise that I couldn’t give this up; not ever.

Not.

Ever.

The man scratched my sides and I squealed with excitement, throwing back my head as he buried his head in my stomach and started to work his way down.

There could only be one Dahlia Western and that had to be me.

I had to do everything in my power to make that happen.

I had to take the life that must surely now be meant for me.





36 comments:

  1. Now we're talking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm but is he just after her money, the real Dahlia would know all about that, something Melissa may soon find out - I hope ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sexy & exciting chapter. I like the symboloizism of the penthouse & the man feeling inferior to 'Dahlia' ^ the new D realizing that she's never felt this passiojate or desired before. Also, her commment abut her face still bland, is a foreshadowing I susppose.
    Then at the end she desides there can only be one Dahlia Westen & its going to me/ her. BRRRRRR!

    Some general comments.I wonder if the new M comes in time to catch D at feels less hersself more unworhtly & low & unattractive than never with the disgusted look the guy gives her/?
    I also wonder with all the studying & listening to each other's lives are they slowly gaining the voicablary of each other/? & how are their voice progressing?
    also, Emma I realized that the name Melissa is very close to MALICE is this a coincince?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malice?

      Er, yes, that was totally planned.

      (Looks suspicious)

      Delete
  4. Obsession thy name is...Dahlia? Yeah, that works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More more more more more more more more.... please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. This is the last episode ever.

      Just kidding...

      More coming soon...

      Delete
  6. Wonderfully written. Love the symbolism of it all. Assuming Dahlia is about to experience love as Melissa for the first time and something tells me it will be very different, reinforcing her submissive persona rather than her confidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Love on the other side of the tracks is always different from the pure love of the upper classes.

      And some applause to anyone who spotted that reference.

      Delete
  7. I so think the name of her lover should be Roger.. in honour of the one guy missing from the book ;-)

    I love this... Melissa's incentives are growing and her need to attain the levels Dahlia previously held. Her envy serves as a useful template and then of course when she gets there.. what then? Mike W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, the butler. It didn't seem that logical to me that Dahlia would have so many staff considering she lived alone. What would they all do all day?

      Delete
    2. well seduce women in Greek hotels of course.... ;-)

      Delete
  8. If the new dahlia completely takes over the old dahlia s life and identity what will happen if she meets dahlia s old assistant could be very interesting

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder what she will do to her face to make it more attractive as she has the money could a doctors visit be on the card's

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, things have definitely progressed while I've been away. I enjoyed my 3 week trip to France but I missed 'Cleaner' just a little bit, too :)

    The new Melissa is really getting into her new, poor life just as the new Dahlia is clearly enjoying her time in Greece. The different potential lovers they each now attract illustrates this perfectly and Dahlia's desperate acceptance of being the underdog even to her cleaner colleagues is telling.

    It's the interaction between the two main protagonists that I find most interesting and that seems to have scant treatment since the Greece swap. It would be good to have a short section on one of their every other day meetings. Does the new D pay the new M's travel expenses and will she eventully decide that calling her by her first name is in appropriate and insist on being addressed as ma'am or Miss Western?

    Robyn H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well good news... Dahlia and Melissa are going to meet again very soon!

      Delete
  11. This is on the surface such a 'simple' story of obsession & envy. Why is it generating so much in the way of commnts.? Well for one thing it is so well written we feel we are there & D & M are so well draw characters that we are sucked in & out imginations lleap forward.
    For example, I can't help thining perhaps ( if indeed it happens, but I imagine it will ) D & M go back to Brockton looking eactluy like each other ( Perhaos a touch of the gloonen Gloom during surgery? ) And Tommy & Katherine are both toally folled & they hug & treat the Faux Dehlia wiht love & effection, otoally fooled & treat the new Malissa with not onlly contempt but hospitality as they are sure she has been taking advantage of dear Dehlia.
    To me this is absoultely chilling moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope that there will be no golden gloom because "Cleaner" ows its uniqueness to a great part to the fact that no magic is needed for telling this believable story about stealing another person´s life by exploitation of that persons dark and kinky desires.
      I am not so much into transformation stories in the first place but "Cleaner" always leaves me breathless. It´s a mixture of many different genres, overshadowed by erotic humiliation and power exchange. Maybe - for me - simply the best story within this genre since Venus in Furs.

      marc

      Delete
    2. Thanks Marc.

      Point taken about the Golden Gloom. Cleaner certainly is an ostensibly down-to-earth story certainly.

      Delete
  12. I didn't say it had to be a golden gloom story. Its just that how much csn Plasticsurgey do? Also, lets us not forget that both D & M are resistances of Brokton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you mean Nockton Vale.

      We'll have to see how it develops. I know people like the fact Cleaner isn't magical but we need a believable face swap.

      Would you guys believe plastic surgery alone could pull that off?

      Delete
    2. Wouldn`t it be enough if M looked very very "similar" to the former D after the plastic surgery? Especially if some special characteristics like birthmarks were copied as well in the process...
      Thinking about Dahlia, looking more and more like a full-grown pig, there shouldnt be any doubts about who the real Dahlia Western is and who is definitely not.
      Also, Dahlia`s face could be "adjusted" as well, preventing Katherine and other friends from identifying her as the "real thing".
      Add in a few sessions of brainwash, go on feeding her Melissa`s memories, break her self-esteem some more and there is no Dahlia left who would be able to convince anyone that her life had been stolen from her.

      When only a big face similarity but no identity would be achieved by plastic surgery, this should also open up lots of room for manoeuvre for Emma as author because it gives Melissa something to do after returning from Greece. Should be interesting to see M charming away any doubts some people might have, thus destroying any Hope D might have left about changing back...

      marc

      Delete
    3. Hi Marc,

      Well if they do go back as one another then Melissa's disguise will need to be perfect. Fortunately I suspect some brand new techniques of surgery have just been developed that allow faces to be sculpted much more accurately...

      Delete
    4. Couldn't a 'simple' nose job do the job as effectively as the story demands? Although the original Dahlia might not be quite so keen on such a permanent change as she still thinks of the swap as a temporary thing.

      Perhaps another step after any further changes would be for the new Dahlia to tell her former self that she's decided to return to Nockton Vale. Of course they would have to use each other's passports and poor Dahlia would have to squeeze her newly acquired bulk into coah class whilst Melissa turns left into first class.

      Robyn H

      Delete
    5. Well maybe it won't get that far...

      (Tries and fails to look mysterious)

      We'll see.

      Delete
  13. Oh yes...now that you mention it... i think I heard of these techniques as well...

    marc

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I think thr Germans have developed a new surgery using lazer, & a new DNA cell transplant that xcan work miracles - just like magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps there have been recent developments in this kind of thing at the research labs in Nockton Vale...

      Delete