Saturday 31 August 2013

Recommended Reading: DNA

I'm up to 35,000 words on Criminal Record now and the new Sadie is sinking deeper and deeper into the seedy world she woke up into. I'm finding it alternately easy and difficult to write but it's chuntering juicily along. It's going to be much more of a roller coaster ride than the original, rather brief, story and there's only two weeks now to the release date!

I'm not convinced I'll make the deadline but I'm doing my best!

Meanwhile, he's a lovely little story to keep you busy that I just finished reading:

by Stephanie
on Fictionmania

It's the tale of a scientific experiment that gets rather horribly out of control as the well-meaning scientist responsible tries to set things right.

There's a nice shift in orientation of the principle changee and a build up to a pleasant bit of romance too (which I always think adds something good).

I was eager for the female to male change to come a bit sooner but when it did arrive it was nicely done.

And there's a sequel too!

Stephanie's been thinking about writing a Golden Gloom story too, so if she finishes it it'll be fascinating to see a different author's take on that mysterious device...

11 comments:

  1. this was the very first transformation story I ever read. I think there are two sequels. -John
    ps also by stephanie have you read "its hard to be a man"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,

      No I haven't. I might check it out.

      I'm looking for a really good personality change female to male story. Any suggestions?

      Emma

      Delete
    2. The changing channels series is pretty good. the blast.from the past episode spends the most time FTM POV -john

      Delete
    3. Thanks John. That's on its way to my Kindle!


      Em

      Delete
    4. Ps also "flirting can be hazardous to your health" originally 3 parts but Eric added a concluding 4th -john

      Delete
    5. Oo! Oo! Eric! Yay!

      Also on it's way.

      Thank you!

      Emma

      Delete
    6. also by Stephanie: (in FTM although POV is MTF) "bracelet of love"
      no FTM but interesting premise is "the girl in the moon"
      -John

      Delete
    7. Wow! You're obviously a big fan of Stephanie's work!

      Thanks for the recommendations.

      Emma

      Delete
    8. true enough, but I also liked the symmetry of putting them on the DNA recommend page -John

      Delete
    9. So anyway, can you send me an email John? I want to ask you something.

      emmafinnuk@yahoo.com

      Emma

      Delete
    10. email sent -John

      Delete