Monday 26 August 2013

Crinminal Record's Coming Along

Just thought I'd let you know that the new extended version of Criminal Record is coming along nicely.

It's taking me longer than I thought it would though. I set out to aim at a 40,000 word length, hitting the bottom number to qualify as a novel. In fact, the plot and characters have come alive and it's looking like it might shoot past that.

For those who have read the original, I've taken the story as it stood and added a new beginning to establish the protagonist before the change occurs. Then I've tweaked things so it can carry on after the original ending without the police becoming directly involved too soon.

The story now carries on which leaves a lot more room for exploration of the seedy world the new Sadie has fallen into.

Meanwhile, I've added in an entirely new thread where we meet the other girl involved and follow what she gets up to before and after the swap. The reason I stayed away from her before was because I couldn't see a way to make that side of the story bite. Well the good news is that I have worked that out and her story is biting away as we speak.

I'll keep you updated but thank you for your patience. Normal service will be resumed soon and in the meantime I'll go on recommending favourite stories that you might not have discovered yet.



2 comments:

  1. Concerning picking a favorite story- there are some good ones listed- but why aren't my two faves- "Class" and "Turning Around" on the list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just because they weren't released at the time.

      Simple as that. I can't add other stories until the time limit expires.

      Emma

      Delete