Monday 22 July 2013

Exciting Plans for the Future

Hi there,

I just thought I'd let you know about the direction I'm going in here so that you can know what's coming. Now that I've been back and writing for seven months I feel fully back in the old flow from the Silver Age. I have a lot of ideas for new stories and ways to redevelop and expand older works.

Lady Ann

First off: the short story that became a novel. Or two.

I'm winding my way toward the end of Lady Ann's Holiday. There are still ten or so chapters to go but the end is in sight. I'm going to keep that pushing along as quickly as possible in the near future.

When that's done, I'm going to take a short break while I work on some other stories here for a change. There will be more Golden Gloom and more miscellaneous stories set around the grim suburb of Barton.

Then I'll be back to Lady Ann for the sequel!

The current Lady Ann tale is an expansion of Eric's classic short, more or less sticking to the same plotline. Lady Ann II will move on from there into entirely new territory. I've had a lot of ideas so far that I'm not going to give away but the pendant will get back in action as others get drawn into its sinister web.

Publishing Works

Meanwhile, in order to chase my dream of being a working writer, I am going to go on publishing things on Amazon as I've already done for my Lynch Heinouson novel.

Never fear! I'm not going to change what I do here.

My plan is to publish the conventional novels that I wrote during the time I stopped writing in this genre and see how I get on with them. They are, generally, supernatural thrillers and hopefully some of you can take a look and maybe you'll like them as much as any transformation stories I do here.

In addition to that, I'm going to publish my longer transformation stories in an expanded and corrected form. I'm still going to release the draft versions here, but I will then, later, publish a spruced up version on Amazon. I will have made all the corrections and editing that needed doing but I will also have added in extra scenes and plotlines to make them better.

I've been doing this to Lady Ann as I went along and have made hundreds of corrections already and expanded a lot of scenes too.

Tales of Griply Valley

When I'm done with Lady Ann and her extended family, I have a bunch of other ideas for shorter works set within the Lady Ann mythos.

Here the pendant will jump from pillar to post causing havoc in an ongoing series of self-contained short stories involving other inhabitants of the valley of Griply. I am particularly excited about this. It'll maintain that old-world mood but keep the changes fresh and rapid.



So hopefully this is all good news. I'm going to go on producing stuff as fast as I can here and we can sit back and enjoy all the nasty things that occur to our poor characters, always wondering if it's possible for them to have a happy ending.

Although the truth generally is that the characters end up happy, even if we the readers are all too aware of everything they've lost!

(Evil cackle)

Luv

Emma

4 comments:

  1. exciting and ambitious plans. I can't wait to see how they work out good luck and good...typing(?) that doesn't seem to sound right but you get the idea ;) -John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, thanks John.

      I really love the historical setting of Lady Ann and have a lt of verve for exploring it further with other characters. And I'm sowing the seeds now for that.

      Emma

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see your future story ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arnaud! I am really excited about going full speed ahead with all thise stuff and have altreay started outlining my first Dark Tale in Griply Valley.

      Emma

      Delete