Friday 29 January 2016

CLEANER II: Chapter Six - Part Two

MELISSA

The text message chimed on my phone and my heart rate went from calm and relaxed to fight or flight in a second. It could only be her.

I found the phone quickly but hesitated before checking the message. It said, Please can we meet? Nothing more. She didn’t address me as Dahlia or Miss Western. She didn’t sign it Melissa.

I frowned, turning the phone over and over again, then I set it down and went to the balcony. I looked out at the sea then back at the phone.

I questioned my actions now. I questioned waiting; not pushing ahead with this when I’d first decided to do it; when I’d booked in the trip to Bangkok; but my instincts had guided me through this so far, mostly successfully. I had listened to them; allowed her some space and time to gently simmer.

But I hadn’t forgotten the conversation in Dahlia’s garden back in Nockton Vale when I had pushed ahead and she had resisted; when this whole precarious insanity had almost folded. I didn’t kid myself that I had total control, no matter how confident I had become, nor how... weak my former employer seemed to be now.

I had given her that time to stew and now she was ready to meet. It was fortunate. The dates I had booked were fast approaching. I would have had to push it to a climax soon if she hadn’t. But I still questioned myself. I couldn’t predict how she would turn. I couldn’t be sure how she had spent the last couple of weeks parted from my influence. I felt I knew her now but did I?

Please can we meet?

Ambiguous and brief but at least polite; suggestive of supplication.

Obviously the answer was yes. I took the phone back up and tapped out a response.

Yes. 4pm today, and sent it off.

Held my breath. Waited.

OK. See you then. Melissa.

I looked at that last word and smiled.

The possibilities before me were sensational. I couldn’t wait. But more, it had been almost three weeks. Surely if she was still playing the charade then she had continued her transformation. Three more weeks of gratuitous overeating. She had to be as fat as I had been now. She had to be.

I couldn’t wait to see her. I was so nervous. I checked my watch.

There was too long to wait up there in the room. I went down to the poolside and did two dozen laps easily and swiftly. I got out and took a drink then did three dozen more, slipping through the water like I was born to it. And all the while I tried to imagine what she would look like now; if she really had reached that final point.

I hoped she had; I really did.

I ate my lunch impatiently. There wasn’t much to it. Eating lightly was second nature to me now. I couldn’t have conceived anymore of consuming the volume I used to or that she still did.

I grew more and more excited at the coming prospect.

I went back to my room and checked everything was in place. I called down to reception and asked them to let me know when she arrived so that I wouldn’t be surprised.

I opened the wardrobe and took out a large item that I had waited a long time to reveal. I opened it and set it ready on the bed for when she appeared.

I sat down and crossed my legs. I stood up and paced to the balcony and back again. I checked my watch.

All this time I had rehearsed a hundred different ways of trying to persuade her of my plan; justifications for why she would want to do it. Now I was so close I could hardly remember them. My mind was a mess of drive, expectation and fear.

The phone started to ring.

I was slow to pick it up. The voice was the woman on reception I had spoken to earlier.

“Yes?” I said.

“Your guest is on her way up,” she replied.

I put the phone down without a thank you and looked toward my door.

Was she walking toward the lift now? Was she getting in? Was she looking at her own bloated reflection in the mirrored walls?

What were her intentions?

Was the transformation complete?

I couldn’t breathe.

I suddenly knew that I couldn’t do this; that I would fail to persuade her of anything.

I needed more time to prepare. I needed to delay her. It was too late.

She was going to demand her life back and laugh at any attempt I made to obviate that. Of course she was. She wasn’t totally insane. I was insane to have believed that she might.

Through the closed door I heard the lift ding.

There was a long pause.

I pictured her waiting hesitantly outside, preparing to knock.

My heart rose in my throat.

Then the knock came and I realised that this was it, finally. This was what it had all led to.

There was no turning back – I had to proceed – and everything would hinge on this exchange.

Everything would be decided finally and I would find out if my destiny was bright and diabolically hopeful or as dismal as it had ever been.





40 comments:

  1. well written & charged with energy. I can't wait for more to see how it plays out.
    One thing I have a hard time swallowing isthat M hasn't made some back up plans if D refuses. They could be anything from planning a fatal 'accident' for D to some drug with would stimulate a stock, to just going ahead wioth her surgery & defining the old D to prove anything abandonwith nno monmey in greece, ling under M's name. No for some reson M feels she has to have D's permission to steal her life, a permanent willing exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done!
    Melissa is quite obviously nervous and agitated and she feels that the time has come for the switch back. I don't think Melissa seeks D's permission, it's that Melissa is not holding all the cards. There are things in Dahlia's life that Melissa doesn't have control of...yet.
    Melissa needs to take advantage of her own strengths while taking advantage of Dahlia's weaknesses. When they meet, I think that seeing Dahlia's incredible weight gain will give Melissa the confidence she needs. If/when Melissa sees even the slightest reluctance in Dahlia to return to her old life, she will twist it to her advantage.
    We don't know what the large item from the wardrobe is yet. We will have to wait six grueling days to find out!

    Another Finntastic episode! Thank you!

    --Robert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I actually do think Melissa needs Dahlia to be willing - or at least feels she does. Her confidence isn't rock solid.

      Delete
  3. Oh no, a cliffhanger! Counting the days to next installment now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. High Noon!
    And what a nailbiter our Greek Tragedy had become...
    Will M again manipulate D to continue with the swap , or will she exert her new-found dominance on submissive D to stand down from the life as a supermodel in favor of "the better woman"?
    Anyway, I`m just holding my breath while enjoying the ride.

    marc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma Finn you are a sadist by inclination and teaser by definition! But I like you (to quote Dick Emery - if you're old enough).

    Nothing happens in this post yet everything is promised. What is the 'large item'? What exactly has M booked? What will D be saying when they meet and how will M assert her new-found superiority?

    On more general grounds, there's really no need for M to slim and D to be like the old M. They could both be slim and D has enough money for them both - of course that would spoil the horror of the story. I can't see D being so desperate and depressed that she would agree to any form of surgery but who knows? Just one person :)

    thanks

    Robyn H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh. I figured the fact things still remain unresolved might be a bit frustrating but we'll be there soon!

      Delete
  6. define 'soon' a century in cosmic terms is a mil second in the universe. If I wasn't so 'ddamn hooked on what's going to happen & on the story in general I just stop reading,
    But unfortunately I am hocked. Shame on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm guessing that the "large item" is one of Melissa's old dresses, and that Dahlia will be traumatized when she tries to put in on and finds that it is a very tight fit on her now-enormous body.
    Perhaps the most satisfying ending, the most shameful for Dahlia would be one that involves no coercion or deception. Dahlia is unable to shed the weight she has gained, so there is no chance of her returning to her old career. (Highly plausible) Melissa retains her new physique, and with the aid of the plastic surgery, and with the knowledge of the business she has learned from Dahlia, becomes a successful model by her own efforts. (Somewhat plausible) Dahlia chooses to continue serving Melissa because she can see no other role for herself, and because her emotional need for servitude has become too strong. (Very plausible)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try to be plausible, despite the high concept if the subject matter.

      Delete
    2. I hadn't thought about it before, but what you write could fairly be called "high concept fiction." You always have a MacGuffin, sometimes one that requires a pretty big suspension of disbelief from the reader. But once the plot line is set up, the MacGuffin recedes to the background, and the plot development is character-driven much more than concept-driven. (My own quick and dirty analysis, I'm sure it could be fleshed out much more. )

      Delete
    3. You're not wrong. They are generally character driven once the situation is established.

      I sometimes wonder if the stories contain too much character reflection...

      Delete
  8. Personally, I don't think a story can be too character-driven, or too action-driven, or too idea-driven, for that matter. It's all a matter of what the author is trying to accomplish. The problems, I'd say, arise when there's a clumsy transition of tone within the same story. Sometimes, also, there can be a problem of reader expectations. If the initial parts of a story suggest one kind of story, and then it starts reading like another kind of story, the author will lose readers. (On the other hand, done well, that kind of transition can be very powerful, but a writer who attempts it is sailing very close to the wind.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how one decision is really a series of a hundred small ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you finish this you should charge more than usual, because it is a masterpiece, and I don't even know how it ends yet! I would gladly pay it and I'm sure everyone here would too. You deserve a raise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I agree completely with that.
    Your "Cleaner" is more than some piece of fetish literature or even a transformation novel, Emma.
    It`s more like a piece of art, incredibly well written while always stimulating the readers mental cinema in ways that I seldom experienced before.
    Didn´t expect to return to your blog as often as I do now since having been infected with the "Cleaner"-virus.
    I felt it was worth stating that clearly at this stage.

    (smirking admiringly while still biting nails)

    marc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What they said in spades. If this was published on Smashwords now my credit card would melt with the speed it left my dusty wallet.

      I always loved the original short story as it was published on FM but this ... phew!

      Robyn H

      Delete
    2. Wow. Thanks guys. You don't know how much that means to me.

      (Hint: A lot)

      Delete
  12. As I wrote early. I can't wait for the published work & I too would be happy to pay twice as much for it as I did for part 1/

    As for the story, I have come to the conclusion that a straight forward, matter of fact bullying apporach would work. SOmething like M saying to poor D "You're just patethic, not fit to be Dahlia Western any more. Just look at you! You're horribly Disgusting. You wanted to be me. Well you succeed. You're more Melissa then I ever was.
    I am Dehia Western now & if you ever want to get back to England it will have to be as Melissa because being Miss Dahlia Western is already taken. I'll even let you have my husband. "

    Dahlia feels the most intense Erotic arrousal. "But our faces? You don't enough like me to fool anyone. " D says with M's voice - her voice now.
    "don't worry, MELIISA" I've got that all arranged. We're going to take a little trip to Bandkok & have a little work on our faces & I will be Dahlia in face as well as body & you will be Melissa as you wished I'm in charge & that's that! Understand?"
    D broke , it was horrible but horribly arrousing at the same time. Her fat quivered in ectasy & horror at the same time.
    She found herself hanging her head submissovely. "Yes, Miss Western. " she wonder how she would like being married to Robert?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I don't need to write it now!

      Delete
    2. I always try & give service with a smile. There has been some com-plaints about it.

      Delete
  13. I agree with the above. I would gladly pay more as this masterpiece is getting more and more enthralling each episode

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just a thought if they made this into a movie which actors would you choose to play the parts. This might be a good poll

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope this wont be anothertease or delay. Itstime forthe climax where they reaaly swap fotaaly & that iditnut Dehlai finds outits got aagaame anymore but she goingto be mELISSA FOEVER & moreover is going tohave surergy! & Melissa is going ot be the beautiful & rich Delhia forever

    Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry guys. Feeling a bit ill again. I'll get back to writing when I can...

      Delete
    2. I'm as keen as the next reader to see this wonderful story move on but not at the cost to the authors health. Take as long as you need, Emma. Your health and your family's well being are far, far more important than our trivial frustrations. We can always satisfy our impatience by constructing our own visions for the Melissa/Dahlia future and then hope to see them satisfied in your story ... or not as the case may be :)

      Take all the time you need. I'm only sorry you've had a relapse.

      Robyn H

      Delete
  16. sorry to read you'vr had a setback. I hope my earlier post was not misunderstood. i was trying to hurry you up. I just hoped the next part wu.ld be the climax where Melissa steals Dhalia's life & foces her somehow to accept being Meliisa and having plastic surgery.

    Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problemo. The next part will be the start of something.

      Delete
    2. It's not a relapse by the way. It's more of a cyclical period of recurring crapness. I'll be better soon and then I'll get going again. Then I'll feel shit again. And so on.

      (Grins weakly)

      Delete
  17. I'm glad to read that its not a relaspse but general feeling like crap. I hope you feel better soon as I understand some Royals are impatient for more. Beware the tower of London awaits,

    ReplyDelete