Tuesday 25 November 2014

CLEANER: The Search for Melissa

Okay.

So now that Cleaner Part Two has started, I need to start thinking about cover images, and I think you'll agree that a good picture of Melissa would be nice.

The problem is that I have searched round for ages already and can't find one that I like. I'm very picky you see and it needs to match the image I have for her as well as having an expression, clothing and background that match the story's themes.

So I thought it might be a good idea to throw a challenge out there to see if any of you guys can find a picture that I could use!

If anyone is up for that then I'd be really grateful and you'd get to be able to brag to all your friends about being the one who found the new cover picture.

What I'm Looking For 

So images we currently have for Melissa are these:





We're looking for a photgraph of a woman who looks like that. 

She could be dressed as a cleaner but doesn't need to be. Far more important is the expression on her face and the background. 

My current thought is to have a similar look to the picture we have of Dahlia - that kind of pensive or forlorn look. Thoughtful. In two minds. 



So have a go at finding one if it takes your fancy. 

I'll need to veto a lot of the suggestions I get most likely (it has to match my mental image), so don't be put out if I do, but it'll sure be nice to find a picture for her to use as that second cover. 

Thanks all! 


Emma



31 comments:

  1. Emma.
    How about Olive from "On the Buses",?
    BillA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. No fringe and not quite right.

      Also I need an appropriate picture. That's the challenge!

      Delete
    2. That`s ok, I wasn't entirely serious.
      This is actually going to be tough.

      Delete
    3. Ha ha ha! Olive from the Buses would be great ;-) - Mike W

      Delete
  2. What about this one, somebody named Lindy West:
    http://www.thestranger.com/binary/f1a6/1297466798-lindy-1.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. Thanks but...

      She doesn't quite do it for me, the hair's wrong and the picture/pose wouldn't make a good cover.

      Keep trying if you dare! And thank you!

      Delete
  3. Google "hunny booboo's mom"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. No glasses, wrong hair, not a picture I can use and...

    ... I can't use famous people.

    It needs to be a stock footage photo really...

    Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful one... but she is blonde :( http://www.czarnobialy.pl/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/l_tache-domestique-enquete-insee-33-pour-cent-pib.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I explained myself very well...

      Delete
  6. Here's one that might work, if you like her look she has a ton of pictures if you do an image search for Frivolous Mrs D

    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2c/d1/c7/2cd1c78f52a838412ca56f1831e0e42e.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention how uncanny her expression resembles your second picture and the background is a good reprensentation of her modest home.

      Delete
    2. Too fat in the body and not fat enough in the face. And all the pictures are snapshots.

      Thanks though.

      It needs to be and arty shot, equivalent to the one of Dahlia.

      Delete
  7. Do you need to be able to purchase a license on it? Or can it literally be any photo?

    Mike W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It mainly needs to work. I would say I need to purchase a licence on it in case I get into trouble.

      Delete
  8. How about this model.. I found her in a stock photo site :-)

    http://www.istockphoto.com/search/lightbox/3284741/#1c71d42a

    MikeW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm the problem is the pensive type shots are facial ones only...

      Delete
    2. Also.. the nose...

      Delete
    3. Hmm another try... you know the problem is the whole look.. glasses included... it may be simpler to photoshop some in afterwards :-)

      Does this character appeal? The face is better this time, just the hair may be too long..and is not sleek enough..

      http://depositphotos.com/4012577/stock-photo-businesswoman.html?sst=240&sqc=257&sqm=17094&sq=2thguh

      Mike W

      Delete
    4. Now we're getting somewhere. It's going to need to be a stock photo I think (which my latest covers have all been).

      Neither of these women are quite right sadly but you're getting closer.

      Delete
  9. How about this one?

    http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fweknowmemes.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F11%2Fcleaning-lady-halloween-costumes-2.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fweknowmemes.com%2F2014%2F11%2Fa-perfectly-executed-family-guy-cleaning-lady-consuela-halloween-costume%2F&h=640&w=480&tbnid=Wb2tRyUeQH-QmM%3A&zoom=1&docid=Hwk_6WlaenAyyM&hl=de&ei=kZ53VLrXGsnGPa3CgbAF&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=416&page=12&start=376&ndsp=24&ved=0CKYCEK0DMGA4rAI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad. Someone else said her. Wrong hair though. :(

      Delete
  10. Dear Ms. Finn,
    I bought a couple of dasy ago the first volume of "Cleaner" (as pdf file). It is certainly one of the most compelling novels in this segment. The first paret, exploring the psychological motivation of the swap was excellent. I am eagerly looking forward for the next two volumes. Please do not let us wait too long!
    You do have a great fan in Germany.
    Richerd Borden / Marl, Germany
    borden@t-online.de

    ReplyDelete
  11. The right Melissa is proving to be very elusive - Mike W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. I might revert to my other idea of having another Dahlia pic. I have a good one of her in an exotic location.

      Delete