Wednesday 12 August 2015

CLEANER II: Chapter Four - Part Thirteen



DAHLIA

The cook led me up the back stairs, higher into the staff part of the hotel than I had been before. There was a floor above mine where it seemed long term resident staff members stayed. It was dimmer and not as well kept. No decorating had been done for some time and the paint was cracked and flaking.

The cook’s room was at the end of the short corridor. It wasn’t locked. Inside it was dark and cluttered. He didn’t turn the main light on. Pushing his key card into the slot to activate the power turned on only a desk lamp that illuminated only the upper surfaces of the items littering the floor and bed.

He gave a deprecatory chuckle and snapped a sharp ripple through the bed sheet to cascade the items covering it onto the floor. The sheet was wrinkled. It hadn’t been changed for some time.

It was revolting. I was starting to change my mind. I didn’t want this after all. I didn’t find him attractive in the least.

But he had my wrist and he was climbing onto the bed, pulling me to the edge of it. And Melissa had told me to do this. I wanted to do what she said.

The cook unbuttoned his short sleeved shirt, shrugging it off his shoulders. His arms were bony, his ribs in contrast. That same smell he’d had round him when we kissed downstairs was deeper here. It was all over him. But he kissed me and I let him.

He squeezed my arm. Rubbed his other hand down my side, and I felt the difference in the fleshiness of my skin, unfamiliar from when a man last caressed me.

I was so nervous; so aware of my new self; the dynamic of this.

He pulled my dress off over my head and my fat rolls juddered back into place.

He looked at me, smirking, and I blushed, trying to cover myself with my arms. I was so fat now, the shape of my breasts and torso, the thickness of my arms, the swollen chin. How could anybody find me attractive like this?

He took my hands, using his strength to prise them away from my body, digging into the skin such that I couldn’t resist. I didn’t want to resist – I wanted to give in to him – but I was afraid to. So afraid.

I’m Melissa, I told myself. This is the best I can hope for now. I’m not attractive enough to get anybody better.

He took his trousers off; put a condom on from his cluttered bedside drawer.

He kissed my face; my chubby cheeks; my thick. He worked down to my increasingly doughy chest, caressing my flabby sides. He took off my glasses and the dingy room became blurred.

I’ve ruined my vision, I thought. I’ve ruined it.

He guided me onto the bed. I lay back on the wrinkled sheet, putting my head on his soiled pillow. The smell of him intensified.

He was naked now: lean, dark-skinned and hairy, glowering down at me.

I let my hands fall to the sides. My confidence was miniscule. I didn’t know what to do. It was like I really was Melissa now; like I’d always been this fat woman who knew her sex appeal was limited.

I thought of Robert and in the heat of the moment I felt guilty that I was betraying him like this; like he really was my husband.

Just a holiday romance with a co-worker, that’s all. That was what Melissa had called it.

He prised off my knickers.

My knees were raised. My legs looked so much flabbier than they used to. I spread them hesitantly.

The cook leant in, gripping both of my fleshy upper arms. His face came close to mine but he didn’t look at me. He looked past me, above my head.

His probing cock tapped near my opening but didn’t find it. It tapped again, over and over. I reached down to guide it in, finding the hard end of it and pushing it into the moist crevice between my swollen thighs.

I gasped as he pushed inside me and suddenly the seediness withdrew; the incompatibility. The animal in me just wanted to rut, tensing my fat buttocks, pushing forward and up with my pelvis as he started to thrust.

He still didn’t look me in the eye, just whacked it into me over and over and over again, machine-like in his affectionless rhythm.

This is the best I can hope for now, I thought. This is my life now. This is who I am.

I’m a chubby cleaner working in Greece and I’m letting this man I don’t even know or like shag me because he wants to and because Melissa told me to and because I want to know what it feels like to submit to being this ordinary, pathetic, ugly woman.

He sacked into me over and over and over again and my swollen body jerked, my fat jiggling.

Never before I had felt so hopeless; so irreparably shoved into this new identity. Never before I had felt more like the fatty I was.

Never before had I felt so much like I was really Melissa.

36 comments:

  1. I've heard several writers say that they generally avoid explicit sex scenes, not from prudishness, but because it's hard to write a realistic description of sexual passion that doesn't break the ongoing mood of the story. I'd say that you've solved that problem very effectively here. Perhaps "sexual passion" isn't a good description of Dahlia's feelings. But then, "sexual passion" encompasses a far greater spectrum of feelings than we might think. The urge to submit, to obey, to be humiliated can be a species of sexual passion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I too used to avoid sex scenes but I know that some readers really like them. Having said that I only include them if they are there to enhance the story. Here it illustrates just how low Dahlia is allowing herself to fall.

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmm, sordid,
    Brilliant Emma.
    I suspect the hangover will be garnished with a little self loathing in the morning.

    BillA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's some self-loathing before bed too.

      Delete
  3. It`ll be worse with the hangover though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or perhaps regret would have been a better word?
      BillA

      Delete
    2. No. I think self-loathing hits the mark!

      Delete
    3. You`re the boss :-)

      BillA

      Delete
  4. It's interesting that Dahlia still "isn't Melissa" she's still almost an abstract person, I wonder what will happen to her mind if or when she finally becomes Melissa?

    I still intensely dislike the original Melissa, I think that despite the "bitch" side of Dahlia she still have a vulnerable side that needs to be protected, send her home with me and I'll look after her lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. Yeah. She is very vulnerable.

      Dahlia doesn't seem to allow herself to see Melissa's nasty side.

      I don't see Dahlia in the novel as having a bitch side. It was implied a little in the original story, but though Melissa clearly resents her I can't think of a time when a dark side is established. It's more like the fact that Melissa's resentment and envy has created a negative and undeserved persona for her boss.

      Delete
    2. I think if you ask Melissa the world is full of assholes and bitches as far as the eye can see. If Dahlia hasn't shown her that side of herself yet its just because she's good at hiding it.

      Delete
  5. I really like how being immersed in M's life has started to mess with D's own sense of identity while M knows exactly what she's taken from D and is scheming to keep it as her own by pushing D further into her old life while M takes on more of D's life. I want to think part of M's plan was to separate D from her old life as much as possible by staying in separate places further immersing D into M's life.
    I can just picture M closing the door leading back to D's life while D is helplessly trapped in M's life and hears the lock 'click' :)
    Great chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be Melissa's intention now... But can she pull it off!?

      Delete
  6. What a powerful & disgusting chapter, which of course was intentional. BRRR! Poor D! She seems totally M's ocntrol. M had ordered her tohave sex with the disgussing Cook & so she was doing it. She is slipping further & further from her self, at one time D was one of the most beautiful woman in the world, not she is a fat lower life cleaner, a drunk & a slut. Great work Malissa. Your plan seems to working very well.
    Perhaps one day D will feel like is no no longer worthy to be Dahlia, the beautiful famous model & turn that life over to Malissa while she takes on Malissa's as that is the only life she is now suited for.
    Intertesting that she does not see any of the major inconsistcy's in M actions, just the example of M's husband whom M claims is so winder & how much she loves him, but yet she fgoes away for months & even sleeps with another man.
    " my fat jiggling.

    Never before I had felt so hopeless; so irreparably shoved into this new identity. Never before I had felt more like the fatty I was.

    Never before had I felt so much like I was really Melissa. (This part is bone chilling) Poor Dahlia. Lucky Malissa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. As I think I mentioned, Dahlia is believing what she wants to believe. She is overlooking the inconsistencies so she can go on pursuing her dark fantasy.

      Delete
  7. It'll be interesting to see how M formulates her plan to take over D's life. She should use D's money for corrective surgery for her vision for starters. Then she would of course need D's face. Not sure how she would accomplish that. It would depend on how much would have to change. She seems well on her way to attaining D's original body. If she keeps fueling D's dark fantasy, M just might get what she wants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can just picture D sitting in the shadows watching the new D in a photo shoot or strutting down the runway. She would have to convince D to teach her the in's and out's of being a model without tipping her hand as to her plan to takeover. How will she do that? We wait patiently for the masterful wordsmith to continue the tale. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. There are many challenges ahead.

      Chief amongst these is not disappointing all you guys.

      Delete
  9. Do we know how much D and M look alike? Would cosmetic surgery amount to a nose job and a few touch ups or are we talking major reconstruction? We have to assume that attaining D's figure is attainable. If she were to pass herself off as D, M would have to have D's old measurements or at least darn close.

    The challenges are piling up, Emma! I hope you're up for it! :)

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So do I, So does she, or so she says. Ordinary Plastic Surgery is not very believable. So Emma will have to be her creative, diabloic inventive self +. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Basically, I would say that Dahlia and Melissa aren't too dissimilar.

      Yes. Normal plastic surgery may be pushing believability. We'll have to wait and see. Unlike a normal book, we have a lot longer to speculate, and speculation can quickly pick apart most literary devices (which can tend to be fairly flimsy if looked at too closely).

      The story is the main thing here and the decision to swap and the ramifications of that are (to me at least) far more compelling than the nitty gritty realism of "Can it really be done?"

      If the plot goes that way...

      (Who am I kidding?)

      ... when the plot goes that way, I will be do my very best to distract you with the characters' thoughts and feelings so that you care less about the plausibility and more about the result.

      Will I succeed?

      Maybe.

      Will you be able to pick holes in it if you want to?

      Definitely.

      But if we're lucky that won't matter and we can get on with looking toward the third volume and the thunderous climax of this one.

      Delete
    2. This episode was waiting for me when I got back from a week away .. and what an episode! I'm not one for graphic sexual descriptions but when they're in context, like this is and well written, like this is, then they move the story along - like this does :)

      As I've mentioned before, I think a nose job is all the plastic surgery necessary. Models wear a lot of make up which tends to make them look alike anyway. I think a tattoo removal/addition might be good ie a chavvy one from Melissa and added to Dahlia.

      Robyn H

      Delete
    3. That's what I'm leaning toward for various reasons.

      Delete
  11. Onward & upward ( for M of COurse) down ard & downward for poor D! I can hardly wait for the moment when Dahlia releases what she has lost & the horrible life she has taken in exchange. How the new Dahlia will gloat, rubbing it in I am sure with her new looks, wealth & fame, HER devoted friend Katherine & maybe soon to be Lover TOmmy. & I bet Katherine will really put the new Malissa in her place, & the delights for the new Malissa Chapman will disccobver with HER husband. Brrrrr! Its just too evil.
    Emma, do you go to sleep at night rubbing your hands together & chuckling evilly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rub my hands together while chuckling evilly throughout the day.

      (Grins)

      Delete
  12. I'm definitely more interested in the actual swapping of places than the nitty gritty details or plausibility. It's exploring the dark places of the character's minds that draw the attention. D is sinking deeper into her fantasy while M is enjoying the life that D wanted to escape and keep it as her own. What is going to be going through D's mind when she sees M living her life better than she could? If I were in M's place, I would do everything in my power to make sure D is never able to return to it and remained as MY cleaner!

    I would never dream of picking holes in this story! No way! It's way too much fun to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah good. Thanks.

      Yeah, Melissa seems set to try and steal Dahlia's life. But can she pull it off??!?!?!

      Delete
  13. Dear Emma, ( do hear your evil chuckling in the distance) II may be in the minority, but I think not. So far you have done a super job making this unbelievable story somehow believable. Clapping hands. A powerful tragic story of obsession, insanity & malice.
    But still you need to make the physical Transformation believable, some new advance in Plastic surgery to turn Malessia into the GORGEOUS ( not good looking, but GORGEOUS Dahlia! ) Feel free to ignore me at your perial, you have realatives perhaps living in Argentina? s

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to harp on morethan jusgt ordinary Plasic surgery. I guess it comes being a scientist & an engineer.
    Remeber own own wickedidea about involving BRockton - maybe a surgen with radical new tencics has come to Greese from Brockton ? LOL! Anyway all the best

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, major mental block somehow. I am rightfully chasen, sorry Miss Emma.

    ReplyDelete