Monday 27 May 2013

Recommended Reading: Elephant & Castle

It's been a while so I thought I'd better show my face.

Here's a recommendation to keep you going until I release the next chapter of Lady Ann (I'm reworking the outline at the moment):

Elephant & Castle by AUC2747 

... available on Fictionmania

This is a great race change storyabout a young man with all the potential in the world and everything to lose who has a strange encounter with an illiterate and badly spoken black girl who is heavily pregnant. You can surmise the rest. 


The physical change is a tad drawn out for my personal tastes (though other people seem to love that kind of thing), however the personality change is fantastic and handled very well. 

The kind of person who complained about my One Thing Different story over on Fictionmania would undoubtedly find this offensive too but taken in the spirit it was meant I think it's a real gem! 

2 comments:

  1. AUC2747 had a personal website on Geocities (or something like that), which I've tried for years to find again. I'm hoping once the geocities archives become searchable, we might be able to pull up some more. He or she had lots more like this, and I'd love to find the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's be great! If anyone knows where to find these then shout out!

      Emma

      Delete