Friday 22 February 2013

Recommended Reading - Getting Nailed

Well, with real life getting in the way a bit I'm a little behind on my release schedule so today I thought I'd tell you about one of my favourite stories by another author:

Getting Nailed by Brandy Margarita

(If the link breaks you can search for it on Fictionmania)

It's a personality change story with a great nationality change element, emphasised through vocal distortions.

And it's the kind of story you can read in five or ten minutes - which is lovely for a change - while still retaining all the impact of a longer story.

Excellent!

6 comments:

  1. A great one even if the character forget who he was ;(.

    please tell us more about the story you like...

    You have to read "a baby machine" and "campesina" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely think of that as true 'Identity Death'. I envision the man - trapped inside the changed body with it's new hungers and desires - as simply...confused. I was hit by a car a few years ago (really did a number on my left knee) and after the accident...I couldn't tell you much about myself. I feel that the character from 'Nailed' is still there...but in the copilots seat right now. Later, if he does 'come out of it' he'll still basicly be 'Mee Ho' as her desires and opinions are right up front. But then again...that's just my opinion.

      - Burke Rakers

      Delete
    2. I agree with Burke. As I see it, the original man's soul has been molded into this new identity. Subjectivaly it's still "him" - but he's been subjugated and transformed until everything about him has changed. When I read stories I really get into the head of the main character. Therefore, the change they undergo happens to me: it's my body and personality that is being altered.

      Delete
  2. If you liked "Getting Nailed", check out "Inked", by Serenity. Similar theme, but I personally think the transformation's a little sexier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inked is good too. I love so much ethnic and cultural change but when it's humiliating and with the Emma's style ... So if someone else have story I didn't read, give me the name and link :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I like Inked too. I will be plugging that one sometime as well. I've actually been looking for a story I read years ago about a man trading places with an Asian prostitute but I can't find it anymore...

      Emma

      Delete